We're a truly international company, fourth largest in our industry and operating across 120 markets. An inclusive, innovative global FMCG business supported by over 27,500 employees. As we embrace a new era of growth, we are transforming. Our ways of working and culture are driven by a challenger mindset, constantly questioning the status quo. Our agility and entrepreneurial spirit, alongside award winning development programmes, enable innovation and success while creating exciting and rewarding career choices.
As we move forward, our customers will be at the heart of what we do, evolving to needs and expectations and committing to a more meaningful contribution to harm reduction by building a successful NGP business. Integral to our long-term success is our sustainability strategy, behaving responsibly and supporting our ambitions, all underpinned by high governance. Encouraging inclusion at local levels and supporting a developing and robust diversity agenda globally, we’re fully committed to creating and maintaining an environment that celebrates and respects difference.
As our Legal Coordinator for BeLux you will ensure compliance of company activities with the legal framework applicable in Belgium and Luxembourg. You ensure compliance with internal guidelines, providing legal advice to the various operational services and customers.
• Advise on legal requirements to be met by the company (excl. tax);
• Close follow-up on legislative changes relevant for the company and public policy issues;
• Ensure legal compliance of product (incl review of artwork) and point of sale material;
• Drive all legal aspects regarding contracts, support the organization (Sales, Marketing, Trade Marketing procurement) during negotiations and after-sales issues;
• Manage GDPR compliance in the Benelux including advice on legal aspects;
• Follow up litigation with external lawyers – provide input and collect evidence for litigation;
• Implement head-office policies locally (e.g. code of conduct);
• Manage Crisis Management plans;
• Manage internal and external legal audits;
• Support the Public Affairs department with the analysis of legal texts both local and EU directives.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders on various legal matters & progress in litigation;
• Training of internal collaborators of all relevant Legal topics;
• Liaise with head office on corporate issues and information on local legal developments;
• Present legislative updates to sales force at sales meetings;
• Analysis and review of all communication.
• General administrative support to the department;
• Follow up of budget;
• Creation of Purchase orders;
• Filing of contracts;
• GDPR related administration.
Skills & experience
• Masters degree in Law from a Belgian univeristy;
• Relevant working experience preferably (min. 3 years) in a commercial context;
• Relevant knowledge on legal decision-making procedures within Belgium & Luxembourg;
• Up to date knowledge of general legislation;
• Good communicator, able to brief management and specialists on legislative/regulatory issues;
• Good knowledge of MS tools: Word – Excel – Powerpoint;
• Good analytical skills enabling both quick and in-depth analysis of legislation;
• Fluency in Dutch, French, and English;
• Pro-active and eye for detail;
• GDPR experience is a plus.
What we offer
We offer you a permanent contract with a competitive salary with attractive benefits.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV and motivation letter by clicking the "apply" button on the page.
The year Imperial was founded through the
coming together of 13 UK family-run
Imperial employees worldwide
Number of markets worldwide in which our products are sold